Learn More About Our
What is this about?
We at Sustain Care Pty Ltd (ABN: 62644991300) respect your rights and privacy and will do everything to protect it. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles (APP).
- Privacy is defined as a person’s right to keep their personal matters and relationships known to only a select group of people.
- Confidentiality is the protection of personal information.
- Dignity is a term used in moral, ethical, legal, and political discussions to signify that a person has an innate right to be valued and receive ethical treatment.
- Personal Information as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not
What are our core beliefs about data?
- We will only collect and release information about a Participant with consent from the Participant and/or their Representative/Nominee, except in specified circumstances including emergencies or as required or permitted by law.
- We collect information from Participants relevant to service delivery to ensure the highest quality of service provision.
- We may from time to time receive personal information throughout the website or in other online forms.
- Information regarding staff members is collected for employment purposes. Information from volunteers is collected relevant to their role.
- We will respect and protect the dignity and right to privacy of all Participants, staff members. and volunteers.
- All Employees, Volunteers and Contractors of Sustain care have a responsibility to ensure that personal information is handled in a way that complies with this policy.
What type of information do we collect?
- The information that we may request from a person will vary depending on whether the person is receiving a service from us, or is an employee, volunteer or stakeholder. Type of information we may collect include:
- Personal Identification and contact details, such as name, phone number, mailing and/or street address, email address, age or birth date.
- Family type, country of birth, residential status, language spoken at home.
- Financial information, such as housing, occupation, financial status
- Sensitive information, such as racial or ethnic background, criminal history and health information, English proficiency, need for an interpreter or disability.
- Anything else that we may need to know (but not recorded above) to provide you with services.
- We may collect survey responses from time to time.
- We will collect relevant information directly from the person where possible, and as far as reasonably practicable will ensure the person understands and agrees to the collection of this information. We may also collect information from our website using digital forms.
- We may collect the information from another person who has legal responsibility for the person or who acts as a recognised Representative/Nominee for the person. This includes online referral or contact made on our website.
- We only collect information for purposes directly related to the delivery of service, service improvement and service offerings as per your needs.
- We will only disclose information relating to a person with their consent, except in specified circumstances including emergencies or as required or permitted by law.
- There are some circumstances where we may receive information that was not requested. When this happens, we will use their discretion to determine whether the information should be acted on or followed up.
- We don’t sell or give away any information that the Service collects.
- If you visit our website, there may be an anonymous log of your visit which allows us to manage website uses. Information collected includes browser types, pages visited, your city etc.
- Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personal information.
How do we collect your information?
We collected information in-person, electronically (including website forms) and via telephone. We may receive this information from you, your nominee or partner organisations working on your behalf.
Why do we collect your information?
We collect, store and hold your information for the following purposes:
- To assess your service eligibility and provision service
- To offer you a range of product and services that meets your needs
- To connect to you via phone, email and in-person
- To answer your queries about our services and support arrangements
- For staff and volunteer recruitment
- To manage staff and volunteer
- To respond to complaints
- To maintain and update accurate client records in our Client Management Systems
- To assess the performance of our website and to improve the operations of the website.
- For the administrative, marketing (e-marketing and direct marketing), service development, quality control, and service improvement.
When can we use and disclose your information?
- We only hold information for the primary purpose it was provided. It is not to be used or disclosed to another party for a secondary purpose unless one of the following applies:
- the person has agreed
- the person would expect us to use or disclose the personal information for the secondary purpose as it relates to the primary purpose
- it is required or authorised by law
- a permitted general situation exists (as per the Privacy Act 1988)
- a permitted health situation exists (as per the Privacy Act), in which case, steps must be taken to de-identify the information before it is disclosed
- We believe that the use or disclosure of the information is necessary for an enforcement related activity (e.g. Federal Police, Immigration, ATO)
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
What do we do to protect your information?
- We take steps to protect the information we hold against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- These steps include password protection for electronic files and securing paper files in locked cabinets.
- When information is no longer required it is destroyed, deleted or de-identified in a secure manner unless we are required by law to keep the information.
- If a person asks for access to their information held by us, the Service will allow access unless there is a reason under the Privacy Act or any other law not to give access to the information. These reasons may include:
- a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health/safety
- it would impact the privacy of other individuals
- the request is frivolous or vexatious
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings
- it would prejudice negotiations with the individual
- it would be unlawful
- denying access is authorised by law
- We will respond to the request for access to the personal information within a reasonable time and will give access in the way requested by the person if possible.
Notification of collection of personal information
What can you do if you have complaints about this policy?
We value your feedback and will endeavour to contact you back as soon as possible. If you have any complaints or would like to provide feedback about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to:
Sustain Care Pty Ltd